Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Twin Tub Panda Washing Achievements

Before I bought my washing machine, we used a laundromat for all cotton stuff. They came, took a bag of dirty laundry and brought a bag of clean one.

For everything else, I would wash in our vacation house, 450 miles from here. I would get all the clothes in a huge laundry bag and come back with everything clean. That worked only when we went there every other 2 months, however, that is not always possible.

With a new baby, explosions every 3 hours became the norm, and I didn't have my husband available this time to hand wash those. I would leave them in the sink only to find them in the very same spot and remembering he's not able bodied like he used to be.

So, the idea of the washer was to help me with those delicate items that I wouldn't send to the laundromat, as well as those baby clothes that needed immediate attention. I never expected to wash absolutely everything in this little thing, but I just couldn't stop.

So far, in the 4 months that I've had it, the list includes:


  • Baby clothes
  • Cloth diapers and wipes
  • underwear and socks for all the family
  • pants and t-shirts
  • jeans
  • tons of towels
  • sheets
  • blouses
  • sweatshirts
  • a silk shirt
  • a knit sweater
  • a polyester blanket
  • an army jacket
  • a pillow (already bulky)
  • bathroom mats
  • a mattress cover
  • a full size thick bathrobe
  • courtiains
Since I have way more control than with a regular Maytag, I can put another cycle, regulate the water level and temperature, leave the clothes soaking after the agitation, etc. So everything can come cleaner than with an automatic. The trick is not to overload the washing tub and fill the spinner all the way to the top. Ah, and using very small amounts of detergent

No comments:

Post a Comment